Handling customer complaints is the most difficult task in an organization. If handled the wrong way, a customer complaint can cause loss of business which could result in the closure of an organization.
Check also: 8 characteristics of some problem customers
A customer is always right, whether the complaints arose from his own mistake or is totally unrelated to your organization.
Here are a few points on how to best handle customer complaints:
Below are the 15 ways to handle customer complaints.
1. LISTEN – DON’T INTERRUPT.
It will enable you to understand what the customer really wants.
2. ACCEPT FEELINGS OF CUSTOMER.
Don’t oppose feeling or defend yourself or the company-the customer’s feelings will diminish if you accept them.
3. TAKE ACTION WHENEVER POSSIBLE
Don’t leave the problem to “the person concerned”
4. CLARIFY COMPLAINTS.
Find out exactly what the customer wants, what he actually wants you to do for him.
5. BE CHEERFUL AND HELPFUL
A customer’s complaint gives you an opportunity to correct your mistakes together with those of your organization.
6. REFER COMPLAINT TO AN AUTHORISED PERSON
This will leave the customer satisfied for satisfying a customer is what every organization wants – satisfied customers will always come back.
7. Do not take the complaints personally
8. Do not argue with the customer – remain calm
9. When “cooling down” the customer, apologies for a specific fault once it is established.
10. Ensure the complaint is dealt with quickly and efficiently
11. Never show disappointment, annoyance or boredom
12. Give the customer your full attention and interest
13. Ensure you have full knowledge of your organization’s procedures, relevant rules, authority levels and relevant officers to enable you help your customers.
14. Investigate fully, solve problems to the full and always follow up.
15. Never fail to keep your promises.
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.