At least 5 people have been seriously injured and rushed to different healthcare centres on Sunday evening after an explosion at Marcos Gym and Spa near Quality Shopping Mall located at Naalya.
According to Kampala Metropolitan Police Spokesperson Mr Onyango Patrick, those who sustained injuries were workers at the Spa, they however suffered minor injuries,’he said.
Initial investigations shows that the incident simply resulted from excessive heat to the steam bath boiler, which was suspected to have had a faulty control valve.
The gas cylinder exploded and damaged nearby houses. The victims were taken away and the scene of crime prevented access to,’said Mr Onyango.
The manager of Marcos Gym and Spa known as madam Mercy mentioned that during the explosion, there were no customers in the sauna.
When our reporter asked a security guard at the neighbourhood, he said that he first felt something similar to an earthquake then after he heard a heavy explosion.
It’s not the first time such an incident is happening, it also happened at Ntinda health Club in 2011 where a gas cylinder exploded and seriously injured 8 people.
- One Dies, Student Critically Injured After Being Shot By Security Guard
- Over 50 People Killed And 200 Injured After A Train Ran Into Crowd In India
- Father Kills 12-Year-Old Son, Injured 8-Year-Old Daughter Over Fruits
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.