Anthony Joshua, the UK heavyweight boxer, has called his retirement speculation “nonsense” yesterday. This followed suggestions that he could hung up his gloves if he loses the fight against Oleksandr Usky again this week.
The 32-year-old is vying to reclaim the world title he lost to Ukraine’s Usky who won the boxing match against the Briton last September by unanimous decision in London.
Some experts have said a third professional defeat could end the career of the former Olympic heavyweight gold medallist. However, the former champion dismissed this claim.
“I’m competing with a pound-for-pound (one of the most skilled across all weight classes) fighter,” he told reporters ahead of Saturday’s fight. He revealed that he is not losing to some gas-been and therefore it’s crazy to suggest that he should retire.
“If I would lose to one of the top fighters of the world today (people would say) ‘Oh he should retire, he lost to one of the best’. What type of nonsense is that?” He said.
Anthony Joshua still stands as one of the Sport’s best draws but his lustre faded when he surprisingly lost to Andy Ruiz in 2019. He even dimmed further when Usky defeated him last year.
He however avenged his loss to Ruiz’s in Saudi Arabia and hopes for similar luck in Saturday’s “Rage on the Red Sea” in the coastal city of Jeddah.
Paul Logan Survives Knockout In Mayweather Fight
In similar news previously reported by NEWSLEXPOINT.com, the famous YouTuber, Logan Paul went all eight rounds of the exhibition fight against the retired undefeated champion, Floyd Mayweather.
By the time the eight rounds were up, Floyd hadn’t been able to throw a successful knockout punch at the YouTuber.
- Filipino Boxer, Manny Pacquiao Wants Rematch With Mayweather
- Retired Nun Pleads Guilty To Stealing $800,000 To Go Gambling In Las Vegas
- Paul Logan Survives Knockout In Mayweather Fight
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.