In his address, Mr Museveni described the ICC as “a bunch of useless diplomats ” and said he no longer supported it.
State department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau said: “In response to President Bashir’s presence and President Museveni’s remarks, the US delegation, along with representatives of the EU countries and Canada, departed the inauguration ceremonies to demonstrate our objections.”
“We believe that walking out in protest is an appropriate reaction to a head of state mocking efforts to ensure accountability for victims of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity.”
- Besigye Defied Orders, Police Tells Court
- Besigye: Am seeking international remedies
- Presidential Election 2016 Not Over, Says Besigye
- Police In Uganda Surrounded FDC Leaders, Ingrid Turinawe Missing
- Katikkiro Advised FDC To Accept the Defeat
- Uganda Court Confirms Museveni’s Re-election
- Uganda’s Defeated Opposition Challenges Museveni Win In Court
- How Museveni Was Voted 100 Percent In Certain Parts Of Uganda
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.