President Museveni chaired the 6th round of the annual Presidential Investor’s Roundtable (PIRT) today at State House Entebbe.
You our wananchi were represented by respective officials of Government agencies and departments, international and local private sector representatives in sectors of Tourism, Agriculture, Minerals, oil and Gas and Transport.
The overall aim for this meeting is to improve Uganda’s competitiveness in the world economy. This is a very useful forum where we interface and get free consultancy that inject energy in an otherwise laid-back way of doing things,’’Museveni said.
By the end of our engagement, we resolved on a number of issues but I would like to highlight three;
- The cost of electricity for manufacturing is currently at 8 cents per unit and it shall go as low as 5 cents for big, medium and small enterprises.
- While we have improved the major road network, there is need to make new and cost friendly means for cargo. That means the biggest pusher will be the railway and water transport.
- We are taking steps to reduce cost of money(interest rate) and cost of internet for our people in manufacturing, agriculture and some elements of services.
- Economists Have Advised Government To Invest In Youth Empowerment
- Uganda’s president Warned Government Officials Who Disappoint Investors
- Government Faulted On Tax Policy
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.