Katwe Police Station got information of the demolition at 0100 hours and a team was dispatched to the scene.
Police were not informed about the eviction and demolition as the practice is.
The team found people demolishing the said church and arrested 11 suspects. The suspects are Kawooya Mohammad, Bbosa Muniru, Kiberu Amza, Mutebi Abbasi, Bulega Ali, Matovu Simon ,Kalika Ali, Mujuzi Andrew, Ssekito Badru, Isirinya John and Maruti Bashir.
They are currently detained at Katwe Police Station to help with investigations. The suspects are charged with malicious damage to properties.
Police impounded two motor vehicles that was recovered from the scene and these are Reg. No. UAY 796N canta white loaded with metals,UBG 682Q Tractor/ Engineering plant (excavator).
The Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson Patrick Onyango said they have also arrested Officers who were supposed to provide security to Church properties but failed to do so.
1. DPC Katwe, SP Epedu David
2. OC Station Ndeeba Police Station, ASP Mugira Yeko Kato
3. Field Force Unit (FFU) Commander KMP/South Region, ASP Isabirye Kaloli
They are being charged with neglect of duty. We want to warn the general public who are planning to evict people during this period of COVID19 that they risk being arrested and charged in courts of law if they go ahead with their intentions,’SP Onyango added.
- Woman Who Has Been Using Sedatives To Sedate Men Finally Arrested By P0lice
- Bobi Young Arrested And Detained At Kira Road P0lice Station
- Congolese National Arrested For Stabbing Colleague To Death Over Piece Of Soap
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.