The real core of the roster has not changed despite a few new faces joining and leaving the squad.
Captain Michael Wokorach, Desire Ayera, Ian Munyani in the pack plus backs Aaron Ofoywroth, Adrian Kasito, Timothy Kisiga, and Philip Wokorach. That’s Onyango’s squad, and if it’s not broken, he won’t try to fix it.
These are the twelve men going to lead Uganda’s charge during her second successive appearance at the Rugby World Cup Sevens.
Uganda Men’s Sevens squad for Rugby World Cup Sevens 2022:
- Players: Michael Wokorach (captain), Ian Munyani (vice-captain), Desire Ayera, Aaron Ofoywroth, Adrian Kasito, Timothy Kisiga, Philip Wokorach, Alex Aturinda, Ivan Otema, Karim Arinaitwe, Nobert Okeny, William Nkore.
- Team Manager: Michael Wandera
- Head Coach: Tolbert Onyango
- S&C Coach: Timothy Mudoola
- Physiotherapist/Medic: Samuel Rwakijuma Asiimwe.
Six of these; Wokorach, Ayera, Kasito, Kisiga, and Wokorach, will be making their second appearance at the event.
Furthermore, the team will be flagged off today at the National Council of Sports head office in Lugogo. However, they will leave the country on Monday morning aboard Uganda airlines.
The Rugby World Cup Sevens 2022 event will be played at the Cape Town Stadium in Cape Town, South Africa from September 9-11.
As it happened in 2019, Uganda’s campaign will kick off on day one with a pre-Round of 16 tie against Samoa at 10.29 a.m. EAT. If victorious, they will advance the African champions to the Round of 16.
From here, they will face USA in the afternoon session. A loss, however, will drop them to the Bowl Quarterfinals scheduled for day two.
- Uganda Rugby 15’s Team Urged To Emulate The 7’s Team As It Leaves For France
- Transgender Athletes Banned From Rugby League Top Events
- Rugby Cranes 7s Team eyes CWG Berth
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.