Check also: Dell Has Acquired EMC for $67 billion
The company agreed to pay 15% premium closing price which is $86.50 per share for SanDisk, giving the company a market value of $15.4billion.Follow @newslexpoint
Western digital will now make more money!
The acquisition of SanDisk gives access to Western Digital to the growing market of NAND flash memory chips that stores data in mobile devices and they are commonly used in computer hard drives.
SanDisk invested so much in flash memory chips so its going to be a great deal for both companies to become the largest In storage computing industry.
When the deal is done, the current CEO of SanDisk, Sanjay Mehrotra will be joining Western Digital on a different role.
- Google To Provide Free Wi-Fi In 400 Train Stations Across India
- Samsung unveiled its thinnest smartphone
- You Can Now Begin Shopping On Facebook
- Microsoft Unveils Its Latest Windows Phones, The Lumia 950 And Lumia 950 XL
- Microsoft to invest $100 million in Uber Technologies
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.