How To Replace the Brake Pads on GM C/K Series
One of the most common maintenance items that all trucks need is a brake pad replacement. Fortunately, anyone can learn how to replace brake pads at home. These are the steps:
- Park the truck on a flat surface.
- Loosen the lug nuts until you can twist them by hand.
- Jack the vehicle up.
- Remove the lug nuts and lift away the wheel.
- Using a wrench, loosen the caliper bolt.
- Lift the caliper carefully and secure it in place. It still has the brake line attached, so don’t try to move it too far.
- Remove the brake pads and place new ones in the same location.
- Replace the caliper and tighten the caliper bolt.
- Replace the wheel and tighten the lug nuts.
- Lower the vehicle.
Many GM C/K trucks had disc brakes (that use pads) on the front wheels and drum backs on the rear. To replace the rear brakes, you will need to follow a somewhat similar process but removing the shoes from inside the drum rather than pads.
How To Find the Right Auto Parts for Your GM C/K Series
Working on any vehicle can be easy when you can find guides and parts online. AutoZone has a great online tool for looking up parts for specific vehicles. If you don’t know the year, trim and engine of your truck, you can use a VIN lookup tool to find all the information you need. This is one of the easiest ways to find both OEM and aftermarket parts.
Whether you need brake pads, filters, spark plugs or any other item, you can find them all online. Plus, there are always enthusiast forums to help you figure out problems.
How To Fix Electrical Issues on a GMC/K Series
Older trucks start having electrical issues after a few years. It can be helpful to get the 1988-1998 GM full size truck wiring diagram (or whatever generation you have) to help you understand the electrical system.
Electrical issues are often intimidating at first. However, fixing them is easier than you probably think, especially on older vehicles such as the GM C/K. With a service manual and wiring diagram, you can troubleshoot and resolve a surprising number of problems with your truck.
Learn How To Work on Your GM C/K Series Truck
Learn more about how to work on your GM C/K Series truck today. When you delve into maintaining your vehicle yourself, you will develop a greater appreciation for your favorite form of transportation. Plus, you can save money and make sure the job is done right.
- Off Road Shocks For Lifted Trucks: How to Choose!
- It Experts Decry Low Usage Of Technology In Low Developed Countries
- How To Get A Job In China’s Booming Tech Sector
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.