Prince Andrew from Britain has accepted that he has been served legal papers in a sexual assault lawsuit. According to a filing showed on Friday, the lawsuit filed against him is from the United States.
Attorneys for the Duke of York and his accuser Virginia Giuffre have agreed that the notification took effect on September 21.
The son of Queen Elizabeth II has until October 29 to respond to the lawsuit. A hearing that had been scheduled for October 13 has been canceled. Lawyers for the duke had previously argued that legal papers in the case were not properly served.
Earlier in September, Giuffre successfully applied to the High Court of England and Wales for it to contact him about the New York case. The court later told the lawyers of the 61-year-old duke that they must make any challenge to their ruling by September 24.
Giuffre says the royal sexually assaulted her more than 20 years ago. She was 17 at the time and a minor under US law. However, they have not criminally charged Andrew yet. Apparently, he has repeatedly and strenuously denied the allegations.
Giuffre alleges that Epstein, who killed himself while awaiting trial for child sex trafficking in 2019 lent her out for sex with his wealthy friends.
Prince Andrew is rare in the public eye since 2019. This was when the royal family forced him to quit the royal frontline for ties with Epstein.
- Kate Middleton Is Preparing To Live As Prince William’s Queen
- Queen Celebrates Her 95th Birthday In A Very Modest Way
- Bill Gates Stepped Down From Microsoft Board As Investigations Into His Infidelity Took Center Stage
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.