This will happen when they host champions Vipers at Mutesa II stadium, Wankulukuku.
The record league winners come into the game bruised after back-to-back losses. This includes a morale deflating 4-1 loss at Lugogo at the hands of rivals KCCA.
On the other hand, Vipers are in good spirits after picking a hard fought 1-0 win away to Arua Hill on Tuesday, a side that put an end to Villa’s six match winning run last week.
“They lead the table and they’re at home. So, the game won’t be easy,” head coach, Alex Isabirye said in his interview with Vipers’ media.
The hosts who are on 43 points, four better than third placed Vipers who have three games in hand over the Jogoos will look to striker Charles Bbale. Bbale has scored nine league goals in his debut season so far.
In defence, Gift Fred and Edward Masembe must be alert to avert danger which Vipers forwards Karim Ndugwa and company possess. Yunus Sentamu, Murushid Jjuuko and Alfred Mudekereza are out with injury while skipper Milton Karisa appears to be out with three yellow cards.
In the previous 34 league meetings, Vipers have won 15 and lost just 7.
Saturday 29th April 2023 Fixtures
- URA FC Vs Maroons FC, Mehta Sports Stadium-Lugazi (2:00pm) Live on FUFA TV
- SC Villa Vs Vipers SC, Muteesa II Stadium-Wankulukuku (4:00pm) Live on Sanyuka Prime TV
- Gaddafi FC Vs KCCA FC, Kakindu Stadium-Jinja (4:00pm)
- SC Villa Seek Vengeance On Wakiso Giants After First Round Defeat
- Vipers SC Return Focus On UPL After Dropping Out Of The CAF Champions League
- Vipers SC Look To Defeat Maroons In Today’s Match
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.