YouTube said on Tuesday evening that it will take a stand against President Donald Trump by suspending his YouTube channel. The suspension will last at least a week after the company citing violation of its policies by the Republican.
YouTube feared that Trump might use the platform to upload content of additional violence in the wake of the insurrection at the Capitol. The google-owned video-sharing service announced in a tweet that the action would count as an initial strike against Trump’s account.
They said this could also lead to Donald Trump being banned for good if he violates the policies twice more.
‘’After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating our policies.
It now has its 1st strike and is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a minimum of 7 days,’’ YouTube’s press arm tweeted on Tuesday.
The company also said it would be indefinitely disabling comments on Trump’s account, again citing ‘’ongoing concerns about violence’’ surrounding his online postings. However, the company did not specify what content violated its policies.
This move, on the other hand, comes after pressure from Democratic lawmakers and other activists to crack down on Trump’s posts. In addition to that, YouTube’s rivals, Twitter, and Facebook also took more aggressive measures to limit the president’s accounts on those platforms.
Trump earlier on Tuesday reacted to tech companies that suspended and restricted his accounts. He said in his first remarks to reporters since the riot that these companies had done a ‘’horrible thing for our country and to our country.’’
- House Of Representatives Vows To Impeach Trump If Pence Won’t Act
- Twitter Permanently Bans US President Donald J Trump’s Account
- Donald Trump Says He Will Leave White House Only If Joe Biden Proves He Did Not Steal 80M Votes
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.