KCCA (Kampala Council City Authority) has kicked off the registration process of all boda boda cyclists in Kampala City.
Check also: The Boda Boda 2010 Boss Kitatta Charged
According to Wikipedia, in 2013 over 300, 000 cyclists were operating within kampala and KCCA had registered only 120,000 and many of the cyclists were un registered.
One to be an authorized rider in Uganda’s capital Kampala, he has to be with the following requirements;
- He should be below the age of 35 years old
- He should be with a minimum qualification of a diploma level
- A National ID
- A bank account
KCCA claims that the above requirements are a must for all the applicants. The council says that the applications should reach their office by 15th February 2018 at 4:00pm.
Boda boda’s have become a core source of income for many people especially the youths in kampala. And have also provided livelihood to thousands of families in Uganda
However, reports show that boda boda kill over 700 Ugandans annually and they have become a risk in transporting the lives of people in Kampala.
- What Makes Mystique Beauty Unisex Salon The Best In Kampala
- Kampala People Love And Are Impressed With You Kamya Tells Museveni
- 60 Children Go Missing At The Kampala City Carnival