Many of you can probably imagine the major causes of road accidents in the world. According to World Health Organisation ( WHO ), the leading cause of death to young people aged 15 to 29 especially in Africa are road accidents.
In general, Africa has fewer cars and according to research, the highest road accident death rates are on the African continent.
Have a look at these 19 causes of road accidents.
- Over Speeding is an obvious case.
- Distracted driving ( for example, talking on phone, texting, eating or drinking )
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other related drugs, even some prescription ones.
- Reckless and impatient driving.
- Animals and people crossing the road or walking alongside it.
- Ignoring road signs is another big issue to many drivers.
- Fog and Rain.
- Running red lights and stop signs.
- Driving at night thinking you’re the only one on road
- Changing lanes and turning unsafely, without indicating.
- Road rage.
- Potholes and other road infrastructure problems.
- Driver fatigue is another big problem for people driving on road
- Tire blow outs unexpectedly.
- Unsafe vehicles ( those in dangerous mechanical condition )
- Deadly curves.
- Street racing.
- Car design defects. (Rare problem, but it does happen).
According to Dmvedu, distracted drivers cause a lot of accidents on road and the estimation is about 80%. Do you own a vehicle? Think of the measures you can implement to help improve the safety of your car, passengers, cyclist, drivers and motorcyclists.
- Lake Victoria Ferry Accident Death Toll Rises
- Women, Accidents, Money And Alcohol Are Killing Ugandans-Says Museveni At The Nation State Address
- Why Government Has Suspended Gaagaa Bus Operating License
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.