The main goal of this survey is to determine the status of COVID-19 epidemic in targeted districts of Uganda that seem to have the highest risk.
The objectives of the survey are:
– To estimate the proportion of active COVID-19 infection among high risk population sub groups in targeted districts.
– To estimate the population of exposure to COVID-19 among various population sub-groups in the targeted districts.
– To estimate the secondary attack rates of COVID-19 among contacts of confirmed cases and children living in communities of confirmed cases.
The survey will involve 18 teams that will collect information and samples from selected population groups and communities.
A total of 10,000 Ugandans will be interviewed and samples withdrawn and tested for COVID-19.
The population groups to be assessed include:
-Border crossing points and communities (URA staff working at Points of Entry, migratory population, traders)
– Law enforcement officers)
– Health workers
– Boda boda and bicycle riders
– Sex workers
– Slum areas
-Households in high risk exposure areas of border districts
-Children under 15 years old
-The Elderly (above 60 years old)
The targeted districts for the survey as guided by the number of infected individuals are:
Dr Jane Aceng under the Ministry of Health appeals to the general public to cooperate with the survey teams as and when they come to collect information and samples.
- Coronavirus Scare After Police Officer Collapses And Dies Inside Equity Bank
- People Who Walk Slowly Face Higher Risk Of Contracting Severe Coronavirus – Scientists
- China Reports New Unknown Disease More Deadly Than Coronavirus
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.