Home » Nature » Tourism Uganda » Jinja Tourism Institute To Release Over 190 Fresh Graduates
Jinja Tourism Institute To Release Over 190 Fresh Graduates

Jinja Tourism Institute To Release Over 190 Fresh Graduates

On November 25, a total of 199 graduates will walk away with diplomas and certificates in various tourism-related disciplines.

Most of the graduates seem to be girls with a number of 121 representing 61% of the total graduates. This means that the rest, 78 are the boy’s representing 39%.

Mr Moses Kaneene, the deputy principal of Uganda Hotel and Tourism Training Institute (UHTTI), congratulated the graduates. He further urged them to maintain a high level of excellence expected of them by the public.

“The public expects a lot from us. We, therefore, strive to give the best to our students and our products have never disappointed us,” Kaneene said.

He however said there is low government funding to the institute which he said hindered service delivery.

“Hospitality training is too expensive in terms of equipment and resource envelope. Just imagine how many chicken you will have to slaughter for the trainee to perfect in chicken preparation,” Kaneene opines.

He also said the ICT facility is lacking in a way since it has only 30 computers which doesn’t fully serve the 800 students there.

Tourism Minister Maj. Tom Butime will preside over the 13th graduation ceremony this year. Several other dignitaries will also attend the ceremony including Tourism ministry officials, ambassadors, and chairperson UHTTI Board of Directors Dr Jane Egau among others.

Check Also;

This is not a Paywall, but Newslex Point's journalism consumes a lot of time, hard-work and money. That's why we're kindly requesting you to support us in anyway they can, for as little as $1 or more, you can support us .

Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.

Donate Button with Credit Cards




About Kyeyune Andrew Jonathan


Check Also

Borders and Entebbe airport to reopen for tourism

Uganda Finally Considers Reopening Airport, Opens Doors To Tourism

The consideration of reopening airport and open doors to tourism has excited many tourists, something ...