The three include Phina Mugerwa (UMA & UMA SACCO Secretary), Halima Namakula (UMA Policy Board & UMA SACCO Head of Loans Committee) and Isaac Ruccibigango (UMA Policy Board and UMA SACCO Chairperson).
According to a letter signed by UMA’s treasurer , Ibrahim Mayanja aka Big Eye, anyone who deals with the three on UMA business does so at their own risk.
“Greetings on behalf of Uganda Musicians Association (UMA) Executive Committee Members. I bring to your notice about a cabinet meeting held on Monday 6th December, it has been resolved that the following UMA leaders namely:
1. Phina Mugerwa (UMA & UMA SACCO Secretary)
2. Halima Namakula (UMA Policy Board & UMA SACCO Head of Loans Committee)
3. Isaac Ruccibigango (UMA Policy Board and UMA SACCO Chairperson).
Should no longer represent the association in any business at any level. Or in any form whatsoever until communicated otherwise with immediate effect.
Any dealings with the fore mentioned persons shall be at your own individual risk.
All communications and pending business with Uganda Musicians Association should be directly done with the Uganda Musicians Association office through Ms Renah Nalumansi,” the letter read.
The suspension comes at a time when Phina Mugerwa and Halima Namakula almost fought.
This was during a meeting they had with OWC vice Gen Elly Kayanja at Fairway Hotel last month.
Additionally, the pair almost exchanged blows if not for the onlookers.
However, this did not stop there and the two have constantly been exchanging threats and insults.
The beef between the two stems from either accusing the other of trying to sabotage the other’s plans to gain funds from the Operation Wealth Creation office headed by Gen Salim Saleh.
- Phina Mugerwa’s Management Opens Up On Attacks From Halima Namakula
- A New Verbal War Breaks Out Between Halima Namakula And Radio Presenter Eddie Ssendi
- Janzi Awards Is One Of The Fruits Of Our Meetings With Gen Salim Saleh; Phina Mugerwa
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.