This significant performance was attributed to an improved macroeconomic environment.
MTN’s Financial Performance (Nine Months to September)
|Profits After Tax||354.4 Billion||21.1% Increase|
|Total Revenue||1.9 Trillion||3 Billion Growth|
|Mobile Subscriptions||19 Million||13.9% Increase|
|Voice Revenue||828.3 Billion||10.4% Increase|
|Voice Contribution to Revenue||44.7%||Slight Reduction|
|Fintech Revenue||555.6 Billion||18.1% Increase|
|Fintech Subscribers||11.6 Million||9.7% Increase|
|Cashless Payments||96.5 Trillion||57.7% Growth|
|Data Revenue||450.3 Billion||22% Increase|
|Active Data Users||7.5 Million||23% Growth|
|Digital Revenues||130% Growth||Content & Solutions|
MTN’s Nine-Month Financial Highlights:
- Total revenue increased from Shs1.6 trillion to Shs1.9 trillion, reflecting a growth of Shs3 billion.
- Assets reached Shs4.2 trillion, driven by the strong performance of both GSM and Fintech businesses.
- Mobile subscriptions saw a 13.9% increase to 19 million, accompanied by a 10.4% rise in voice revenue to Shs828.3 billion.
- Fintech revenue experienced an 18.1% growth, supported by P2P money transfers and an increase in Fintech subscribers to 11.6 million.
- Cashless payments surged by 57.7%, reaching Shs96.5 trillion, while advanced revenues grew by 24.6%.
- Data revenue increased by 22%, driven by improved data value packages and a 23% growth in active data users to 7.5 million.
Notably, digital revenues witnessed a remarkable 130% growth. This was supported by the expansion of content value-added services and enterprise digital solutions. It was also backed by Application Programming Interface (API) integration.
- Political Analyst Muhimbise George Pins MTN Uganda For Cheating Users
- Uganda Clays Limited Registers Shs4.89 Billion Profits Despite Covid
- Airtel Uganda Outs New Call Service
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.