Check also: 5 People Killed In Xenophobia Attack In SA
Batiraishe Mukonoweshuro, the Zimbabwe’s consul general informed the state-controlled Chronicle that 421 Zimbabweans were driven to the Beitbridge border post deporting them from the Lindelani Holding Centre in Johannesburg last Thursday.
Mukonoweshuro said,” that Zimbabweans have spent between three to eight months at the centre, though they were not meant to stay there for more than 3 weeks.
The consul general said: “we have begun recognizing and documenting our people at Lindelani Holding Centre and we have occupied the home affairs department preparing to move them.”
South Africa decided to create breathing space!
Approximately 900 Zimbabweans have been returned back in a different operations because of the xenophobic violence that blazed in Johannesburg and Durban this very month of April. One Zimbabwean national has been killed during the violence.
Reports say,”many other Zimbabweans will have to leave South Africa in their own way .Over a million Zimbabweans fled to South Africa during the political and economic crisis, South Africa had become their home.
Earlier this month, President Robert Mugabe said that he was upset and disgusted by the xenophobic violence.
- Thousands Joined The Peace March Against Xenophobia Attack In Durban SA
- Nigerian Students Demand South Africans Leave The Country
- Nigerian Citzens In S.Africa Living In Fear After Several Attacks
Please use the button below to contribute to Newslex Point, Inc. using a credit card or via PayPal.