Home » Kyeyune Andrew Jonathan

Author Archives: Kyeyune Andrew Jonathan

Elderly Ask Government To Recount Them To Ascertain Their Number In Population

Elderly Ask Government To Recount Them To Ascertain Their Number In The Population

Uganda’s elderly have asked government to institute a special census to verify the exact number of elders in the country. Hon. Dominic Gidudu Mafaabi, the state minister for elderly persons says the number of elders according to statistics is 4% of the total population. Therefore, with the population at over 44million people, 4% would imply that the number of elders ...

Read More »

Equity Bank Commended For Supporting CoU Sustainability Agenda

Equity Bank Commended For Supporting CoU Sustainability Agenda

The management and staff of Equity bank has been commended by the Archbishop of the Church of Uganda The Most Rev Stephen Samuel Kaziimba Mugalu. He did this as a sign of appreciation towards the bank for supporting the church’s sustainability agenda that is bringing about development. He made these remarks yesterday during a visit to Equity Bank Lira branch. ...

Read More »

Encroachers Ordered Off Stadium Land In Masaka City

Encroachers Ordered Off Stadium Land In Masaka City

Encroachers on Masaka Recreation Grounds have been told to vacate the premises by Masaka City Council authorities. This is to pave way for the redevelopment of the stadium. Ms Florence Namayanja, the Masaka City mayor, issued the order after receiving information about the encroachment. Corner Stone Designs and Engineering Limited, a firm hired to develop new designs for the stadium ...

Read More »

Cheating: Police Arrests Man For Killing Wife And Cousin

Cheating: Police Arrests Man For Killing Wife And Cousin

Kole District police has in its custody a 28-year-old man accused of killing his cheating wife and his own cousin. Apparently, the man found the two involving in sexual acts on his marital bed. Moses Ongom, a resident of Beiko village, Opeta parish, Aboke sub-county in Kole district is the suspect in custody. Police arrested him for killing his cousin ...

Read More »

Jinja Tourism Institute To Release Over 190 Fresh Graduates

Jinja Tourism Institute To Release Over 190 Fresh Graduates

On November 25, a total of 199 graduates will walk away with diplomas and certificates in various tourism-related disciplines. Most of the graduates seem to be girls with a number of 121 representing 61% of the total graduates. This means that the rest, 78 are the boy’s representing 39%. Mr Moses Kaneene, the deputy principal of Uganda Hotel and Tourism ...

Read More »
Loading...